Today I’m going to be sharing some of my quarantine #lockdown habits. I know staying at home has not been easy especially when you don’t have much to do but that’s where your creativity has to come in handy. Starting from the moment I wake up from bed till I go back to bed I make every hour count. So I would like to share with you what I do during the lockdown.
- My first habit of the day is to pray to the highest God and read my bible “ Amen”
- Definitely, before I leave my room I most make my bed “ I like it arranged and fresh”.
- Jump into my workout suit and hit the gym 😂 No, I meant the house which I’m intensively going to be demonstrating later in pictures.
- And my fourth habit of the day is to make myself a smoothie.
- Take my bath after working out
- I log in to zoom to join my work colleagues to discuss and learn about our products and how to input into the company when we get back to work.
- Read a book. Lately, I have adopted reading habits by trying to read at least read every day and the books I have been reading are Noah Brewer titled “Entire 7 Figure Ad Strategy” and Marina De Giovanni I got 5 of her books titled: “Funnel Famous, Instagram Famous, Influencer Secrets, Self-made Secrets and Lifestyle Bloggers Guide”.
- Learn some useful and educative tutorials on YouTube
This home fitness section consists of a full-body workout, stretching and testing your endurance. This endurance workout will actually push your intensity with some lightweight equipment.
The workout I’ll be sharing with you guys tends to target every part of your upper body like the arms, shoulder, back and belly, and also I will be explaining how to work your lower body such as your Hips, Booty, Thighs and Legs.
QUADRICEP STRETCH (30 sec) This is a standing pigeon stretch
Stretching is one of the most important things to do before starting a workout, you can’t just jump into a workout without stretching because you’re likely to hurt your muscles as stretching is what prepares you mentally and physically. There’re many types of stretching methods you can do before and after a quadriceps exercise and standing pigeon stretch is most commonly done.
It is quite simple to do:
- Stand on one foot to maintain your balance and folding the other feet towards the back. If you’re having difficulties standing on one foot you can hold the wall or a chair to support your balance.
- You can raise one arm up to maintain your stability if you choose to stand without any support.
- Sustain this position for about 30 secs and switch to the other feet.
KETTLEBELL SHOULDER SQUAT (5 reps of 10 movements)
The kettlebell shoulder squat target the hips and your stability. It targets the quadriceps muscles in the thighs & gluteus maxim-us in the buttocks.
These are good to reach those leg goals, tight buttocks, work your core while working your hamstrings and strength. The more you lift your body to stand upright and lifting the kettlebell at the same time the more stamina you’re developing.
- To achieve a result
- Keep your body upright
- Push your body down
- Put your arms straight to help support your stability and also help lift you up
- Bend your knee backwards when you go lower to the ground, you want both legs to be bent 90 degrees as you kneel while you count your reps.
- Repeat movement of the other arm and leg and count your reps
Take 40 seconds to break to recover and repeat another round of the kettle shoulder squat a 5 reps of 10 movements.
Open your legs wide and set your hips to an upright position
Squat in and out as you lift your body up and down
We are repeating this to maximise the amount of squat we want to achieve during the workout
I workout 5 days a week and do an intense 20 to 30 minutes of sweat workout. The goal is to build muscles on my thighs and grow the booty, normally I try to push myself into doing up to 200 squats daily using equipment to support the workout and somethings I do up to 300 squats to coverup for other days that I feel less motivated.
BACK SHOULDER SQUAT (5 reps of 10 movements)
This squat is one of the common quads out there that many bodybuilders are doing. It built the muscles on the legs, thighs, gives you a buttock to died for and expands your hips. it is recommended to add it to your workout do list.
The heavier the weight you carry the fewer reps you do and the lesser the weight the more reps to do, those works for folks differently and those who have their endurance in check can go longer reps regardless of the kg but definitely the back shoulder squat is an effective quad builder.
When lifting the weight mind the back push your buttocks out to help your arms, never push your upper forward because it will hurt your back instead keep it upright and chest up, don’t drop your chin, the back squat requires sufficient ankle support and stability, shoulder positioned well basically is a full-body workout.
- It helps burn calories
- Your thighs
- Build large and powerful legs that you can flaunt in a mini skirt or jeans pants
- It helps increase Flexibility while helping build the muscles on your hips
- This exercise is healthy because it helps Improve your Heart and Lung Capacity.
- It strengthens your Core Muscles.
- This exercise is good because it builds stronger and denser Bones, Joints, and Body Tissues such as ankles, knees and back and counts your reps
The rack bar you see in the pic weighs 2kg, two big discs 2kg each, four small discs 1kg each
DUMBBELL BACK BEND OVER (35 Secs)
The bent-over dumbbell is an excellent back exercise because of its effectiveness in strengthening and building muscles in the back.
The areas of your body this exercise target are Biceps, Triceps, Pectorals and back:
- The bicep is the forearm which is in the front and the tricep is the back arm and is it works the elbow flexor basically every pulling movement heavily involves the biceps muscles.
- The dumbbell backbend builts your forearms muscles and when you grip remember to grip the dumbbell to maximal your process.
- It strengthens your pectorals which is your chest muscles and as you pull the weight upward you put pressure on your chest and your back making the workout effective.
- It builds your core muscle which involves your Abs and obliques, always count your reps
The Kettlebell weighs 8 kg
BARBELL SPLIT SQUAT (5 reps of 10 movements)
To do this exercise you need to carry weights according to your capacity as you’ll be required to squat with one knee bend backwards and you can and the other forward in a form of 90 degrees, and you can easily lose balance at any slightest distract which has happened to me once and luckily I was carrying weight to my capacity.
Complete attention is required when doing the barbell split squat:
- Load your rack bar with the appropriate amount of weight
- Keep your core tight and push your hips forward to lift the barbell.
- From a standing position, take a long step backwards.
- Keep the trunk of your body straight
- Lower it slowly until your back knee almost touches the floor
- Then push your body back up as you lower your torso control your movement to avoid missing your step
- The heel of your back foot should be raised.
- Begin the movement with your back leg rather than front to reduces the risk of falling
- Maintain your knees in line with your toes, especially the front leg
- Try to complete all your reps on one leg
- Switch sides and perform the same movement of the other leg
STRAIGHT SINGLE LEG RISE (4 reps of 10 movements)
This exercise is an abs builder, It is simple but yet effective in strengthen core muscles
- Lay on the ground and relax your back
- Raise one leg up and down maintaining a 90° position to achieve a progressive workout
BENT KNEES DONKEY KICKS (4 reps of 10 movements)
Donkey kicks target your glutes Maximus, core, and shoulders. This exercise is very helpful for those who spend a long time sitting in the office, drive a long distance or for those who have a desk job
- It builds the hips and booty
JAPANESE KNEELING STRETCH (60 secs)
This exercise is one of a kind why because it helps relieve nerves and facilities good digestion.
- It is quite a painful position to sit on but yet looks easy and comforting in the eyes.
- It is a very common sitting position for the Asians
- When you sit in this position it obstructs the flow of blood to the thighs and legs but increases the flow of blood in the pelvic area and stomach which improves better digestion and bowel movement.
- That is why you see the Japanese and Chinese sit in the position to eat
- Very common in yoga practice
- Trying avoiding rash movement when trying to sit in this position make sure to do it slowly as you lower your feet?
PLANKING (60 secs)
Planking is an effective exercise that helps tighten the muscles on your abdomen. I like to do a plank for 60 seconds which is the maximum I can go in a roll but I repeat it for like 3 times completing a total of 3 minutes.
- The good thing about planking is that it helps work your biceps which is the smaller part of the upper arm muscles.
- Build killer abs ( 6 pack)
- Develop balance
- Build a strong core
- Strengthen lower back
- Improve your arm strength and posture
KETTLEBELL SWINGS (3 reps of 10 movements)
If you’re looking to torch fat you need to start weight lifting then you might want to start strength training and increase cardio workouts. you might also want to consider changing your food habit by dieting.
- Eat or blend fruit as smoothies this will fill in space in your stomach plus is nutritious
- Eat fruit red such as berries because they contain iron and a good amount of vitamin C and other benefits like vitamin A, Ellagic acid, Quercetin, Hesperidin, Lycopene and fibre.
Some of those benefits include:
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Lowering LDL cholesterol, which is the bad cholesterol in the body.
- Protecting the body from harmful free radicals.
- Protecting the body against heart disease.
- Reducing the risk of prostate cancer.
- Protecting the body from prostate, cervical and lung cancer.
- Reducing tumour growth.
- Supporting joint tissue for those with arthritis.
- Keeping one regular by aiding in gastrointestinal health.
- Drink plenty of water
- Feed upon fibres and this will make you drink even more water
- Try intermittent fast because is also a diet pattern
- Get enough sleep
- Focus on starting the movement with your hips
- Focus and stay strong.
Count your reps and stand tall after every squat
STRETCHING (60 sec)
Stretching before and after a workout is essential because it helps prep you for your workout
- It improves blood circulation and the easy flow of blood to the muscles
- Prepare and relaxes your muscles
- It reduces stiffness and increases flexibility
- Makes you relax and breath well
- It reduces stress and tension
- Helps reduce tension headache
- It helps the muscles relax and reduces back pain
After my workout, I make a smoothie drink using all kinds of Berries and coconut milk, and there are many benefits you can find in red fruits and eight benefits you can find in coconut.
Here are some more benefits of coconut that might interest you:
- It strengthens the immune system
- It prevents heart disease
- It prevention of anaemia
- It contains antioxidants
- It helps in losing weight
- Promotes healthy hair and skin
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Is rich in Electrolyte balance “potassium, magnesium and phosphorous”.
- Coconut milk is a healthy substitute for individuals that are lactose intolerant.
If you find this article useful, please “LIKE” and “SHARE” it or drop me a comment below. If you try this workout please feel free to share your experience I would like to know. Thanks!!